My Top Ten Favorite things about the Christmas Season!
1. Christmas Caroling withmy family to neighbors and friends.
2. Christmas music playing in the house morning, noon, and night.
3. An excuse to bake all kinds of treats, and even better excuses to eat them all!
4. Having a great time getting and making things for the people you love.
5. Decorating cookies with the kids. Reading Christmas stories to the kids!
6. Having work, church, and family parties to attend. I got to see some excellent Christmas performances as well, including a play of THE CHRISTMAS CAROL.
7. Being inspired to find ways to serve others.
8. Listening to the Messiah, and pondering the life and mission of Jesus Christ.
9. Taking the extra time to spend with family and the people we love most.
10. Feeling extra close to the Savior, and experiencing the sweetness the Christmas Spirit brings as we focus on all those things that are truly the most important. I wish I could remember that all year long!
This has been our best Christmas yet! In past years, I have been so ready for Christmas to be over. But this year, I wish it would never end! Perhaps I have finally discovered the true meaning of Christmas...it only took me 33 years!

No comments:
Post a Comment