It's been a while since Scott and I had anytime away from the kids. Julianna tends to make that pretty difficult!
But today we had a nice little break thanks to a kind sister. (Thanks, Mary!)
We had lunch at Washington Street Grill (our #1 favorite Dallas restaurant),
and then we went treasure hunting at H2O. Scott loves that place. I got lost in the book section, digging into every dusty nook and cranny. Most of the books are ancient, and lots are only good for kindling, but I got some GREAT finds! You can't beat 25 cents a book. I found some homeschool history books, some great arts and crafts books for Dorathy, some poetry, some classics, and a few cute children's books. My favorite find was a huge reference book of birds in Western America (Courtney will go Ga-Ga for it!) Scott's favorite find was a book teaching us how to make balloon animals. I just know that will come in handy someday...
No, what Scott was REALLY excited about was a giant gas stove, in near-perfect condition that he picked up for only $50.00 . For years he has been wanting to convert a gas stove to Propane so that he can do all our canning outside or in another room. We've nearly killed our electric stove canning; a gas stove will handle that way better. Where we are going to put it is an entirely different matter that I leave up to him!
We also found a great magazine holder to organize all our church magazines. The kids favorite thing we picked up a huge intertube for floating down the river on the fourth of july. They've always wanted to do that!
I love thrift stores and treasure hunting! Brings back good memories of years of garage saling and perusing Deseret Industries....
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment