Julianna is obsessed with clocks. She LOVES clocks. It all started a few months ago when she began to be unhappy in Sacrament meeting in church. To keep her happy, but to keep my sanity, we'd go to the primary room where I could still hear the talks on the speaker.
In order to amuse her, I'd point to the clock and make a ticking noise. She loved it so much, she began demanding it over and over. Then she began noticing clocks everywhere. Now, she can make the ticking noise by clicking her tongue on the roof of her mouth. I was surprised when she figured out how to do that so young!
She looks for clocks in every room in the house, and in every store. She has her own "sign" for clock. And she's fascinated that Courtney has a Bird clock with birds instead of numbers.
She loves it when I take the clock off the wall so she can watch the second-hand go around up close. It never fails: if she's upset or mad, all I have to do is put a clock or timer next to her hear, and she'll immediately quiet down so she can hear the ticking noise. It's hilarious. That tells me how much of her crying is wailing is for attention. What a show!
I'll need to get a watch that has a second hand and ticks so I can have portable amusement for her. I sure wish I'd had something like that at JC Penney's today. I forgot a stroller or backpack for my toddler, and it was a nightmare. Julianna threw a royal tantrum, screaming, headbanging, the whole works....all because I kept stopping her from throwing all the clothes she could find into the aisle. She bruised her cheekbone on a clothes shelf, and nearly gave herself a black eye. It was quite dramatic. And for those of you who have heard Julie cry, you know she REALLY knows how to scream into those upper registers. She discovered at a very young age that the louder and shriller she screams, the faster she gets results. My girl has a TEMPER.
I dream of someday going to the mall...or any store for that matter, BY MYSELF! Someday.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment