Lots of fun arts and crafts to do while we wait for them to announce the egg hunt.
All Julianna cared about was eating AS MANY cupcakes as I'd let her....forget the coloring, Mom! And distracting her just didn't work. She'd run up to the table, and stick her fingers in another cupcake....
This was the first Easter Egg Hunt that Julianna finally got the concept of picking up the eggs...and understanding that they have TREATS inside!!! She had a blast and just didn't want to stop!
I went a little overboard this year in setting up for easter. Everyone got bubble wands and a few small outdoorsy presents. The kids were excited by the hula hoops, but none of them have figured them out yet!!! The baskets of candy were for EVERYONE to share...nobody gets individual baskets. In fact, I still think I have some leftover Easter Candy in my candy bowl!
I think next year for sure I will have the "fun" celebration part of Easter be Saturday only so that we can keep the spirit with us for an Easter program on Sunday instead of the kids being drunk on sugar. We've done it in the past, and it's always worked out nice. This year, we experimented with doing Easter goodies Sunday morning...and it was WAAY too crazy. I don't want to make that mistake again.
Poor Lucy is feeling left out. Since we began remodeling, she has become an outside dog. She actually loves being outside. But sometimes, when she gets lonely, she'll climb into the fort and look through our windows at us!
These pics were taken from Christopher's bedroom.


No comments:
Post a Comment