Monday, August 9, 2010

Cousin Tyler's Wedding

My kids get very excited about Wedding Receptions. To them the bride is a magical fairy-princess.
My wonderful Dad!
Dorathy waits with excitement for the Bride to come down the stairs. She tells me she is already looking forward to her own Wedding Reception. She's not anxious to get married at all, it's just that she REALLY likes parties!
Posted by PicasaTyler & his lovely bride Mona

Tyler Met and baptized Mona while on his mission to Germany. After several years of correspondence, they got engaged, and Mona came to the States to marry Tyler. It's a beautiful story!

Siblings Jennifer & Bryce sing a wedding song a capella.

My beautiful Niece, Dad, & Mom
Julianna was hungry and just wanted to EAT! She ended up covered in cake and chocolate from the chocolate covered strawberries. They were my favorite, too. You can tell from this picture that her Ezcema was flaring up again. The rash is all over her face. I wish I knew what causes it.
We had not eaten any supper before leaving for Carlton, so all the kids were woozy with hunger. Not the best state for a wedding program! But the kids were patient and well mannered, and so we were able to enjoy the beautiful program they had prepared. It helped that the table was covered with dove chocolates. It helped the kids wait!
The reception was very formal, but very nice. Mary and I both think we'd like to do something similar for our own children.

Courtney Poses for the camera.

Everything was lovely, and we even stayed long enough to have some fun dancing. The kids didn't want to leave, but it was getting dark, so we pulled them off home. We didn't get home till 10 p.m. I am so grateful to live near family and I enjoy the privilege of participating in all the family celebrations.

1 comment:

  1. I love that 2nd picture of Tyler and Mona walking! Great shot. Joseph and I said the same thing about wanting to do something similar for our kids' receptions. Looks like it might be a family tradition!

    ReplyDelete