We loaded up our 15 passenger van (using every seat!) and even got free parking in front of the building. We had a great long leisurely 2 hour tour with a very fine gentleman who knew the answer to almost every question we threw at him! I'm sad we didn't get to climb up to the dome, but we'll have to go in the Summer to be allowed to do that.
Each kid had the chance to sit in the Governor's chair! Since Sanford wants to rule the world, so he was pretty thrilled. (just kidding)
Dorathy is confident she'd make a great first Woman President. She's always thought women should rule the world. ;)Christopher is a laid-back, sweet-natured tyrant. Whenever Christopher gets upset about something wrong in the world, or hears about disturbing things in the Media, he always says to me "If I were President, I'd never let blank-itty-blank happen!!! I'd make a law, I'd make a rule, I'd change that!" I usually have to gently point out that if he DID, he'd be tyrant. It's not the leader's job to solve most of those kinds of problems, it's the parent's job to teach the kids better in the first place before they grow up! The leader just needs to protect people's god-given rights. He gets pretty frustrated with that answer.
Dorathy stands at the podium to make a speech.
We recently read a book about Patrick Henry, so here she is loudly acted out Henry's famous soliloquy. "Give me LIBERTY or give me DEATH!"
Sitting around the conference table and chilling.
In the Balcony.
Most of my pictures of the inside of our beautiful capitol building didn't turn out too well. This was the best of the lot. The paintings were fabulous. The kids want to come back to the capitol when congress is in session and watch from the balcony. We'll try to attend Apple Pie Day when all homeschoolers are invited to the capitol for the day.

No comments:
Post a Comment