Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Phantom of the Choir

One day a couple of months ago, Christopher jumped in the car and said, "Did you know, Mom, that I am the Phantom of the choir?" He begins to sing it to the tune of the musical operetta, "Mom, I...am...the Phantom of the Choir! LAAA!"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm there...but I'm really NOT there!"

This took some explaining to unravel the mystery to me!!


It turns out that because Christopher and Sanford are auditing the class, they are not on the rolls, and they get no grade. So Christopher was saying he and Sanford are nothing more than GHOSTS. They both think that it is hilarious fun. I guess it makes them feel important, special, and mysterious.

I am so sad that because of budget cuts there may be no more choir and band in the middle schools next year. :(

Hopefully something will change that will help it still be an available resource for the kids of Dallas.

No comments:

Post a Comment