Friday, March 18, 2011

Snow Day

A few weeks ago, we got a SNOWDAY in March! March snow storms are my favorite, because it feels like the last chance to play in the winter weather. I didn't get any pictures of the incredibly fun day we had, because I was too busy playing outside with all my kids! We had a friend come over with her 6 children, and we built snowmen, and played all kinds of snow games. Best of all, we built a SNOW ROLLER COASTER down my driveway! We spent HOURS carrying sledfuls of snow from all over the street and yard and piling it up on one of the sled runs on my driveway which is very very steep. We made a ramp at the bottom which allowed us to go flying in the air! We had so much fun we ruined a sled or two and even popped our nice intertube...because there really wasn't enough snow for what we were trying to do, and no matter how hard we tried to pack the snow up, we went down the driveway so much we ended up grinding on the pavement. It was all worth it, though!
Poor Julianna got a bit frostbitten after the hours in the snow, so I gave her a nice tepid bath to get the color back in her extremities. We ended the day with Hot cocoa, treats, and movies. We watched My Fair Lady. Courtney is still walking around singing her favorite song from the score "Just you wait, Henry Higgins, just you wait! You'll be sorry, but your tears will come too late...."
Dorathy wants to set up and POSE her toys...not play with them. Then she gets mad when Julianna destroys all her hard work...*sigh* that's life for you, isnt' it?
Julianna thinks snow is only for eating, you have to watch her constantly, or she'll eat dirty snow....or yellow snow. When, oh, when will she outgrow the eating everything stage? I despair sometimes. I panicked when I found out all the Rhododendrons in our front yard that are so beautiful are poisonous. I'll be watching her carefully when she's in the front yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment