Sunday, November 7, 2010

Chris 12th Birthday PARTY!

Christopher's big present for his 12th birthday was this huge awesome synthesizer! He was so excited when he unwrapped it, he did a happy dance. I even caught it on video---so cute!
Christopher's two most favorite instruments are the organ and the Oboe. He says he likes the Oboe because it sounds like an organ. He just LOVES how the organ sounds. He usually plays the synthesizer on the organ sound. I believe it is because I played organ a LOT when I was pregnant with him. I was the ward organist for my church, and I practiced the organ practically everyday. I also played organ for 3 more years after he was born, so he was surrounded with that sound from infancy. He says he hopes to take Organ lessons someday. I told him that is fine as long as he takes piano lessons FIRST!
On his birthday, we had a huge Boys Club Class on Lewis and Clark. Some of the boys who were staying for the party stayed afterwards to play games.
Posted by Picasa
I was too tired to make fancy cake. So I made a Neopolitan Cake. Three layers: Vanilla, Strawberry, and Chocolate. The kids were happy with it. I was glad it didn't fall over with transporting it in our van!
Christopher wanted a huge sleepover party, but I told him I couldn't handle it, and that if he wanted a party at all he had to have it somewhere other than our house. So, he chose the Bowling Alley here in Dallas.
12 at one blow!


This is a funky looking picture...you can't tell what direction he's going! Optical illusion from the carpet patterns. That's my nephew, Jared, who is blossoming into a talented Gymnast! He can stand on his head for LONG periods of time, and sing while he's there, too!
The Birthday Crew

Look at those Beautiful blue eyes on my nephew, Spencer.


The party ate half of the cake, and we gave the other half to my sister who was watching all my girls at her house. I'm not currently eating any sugar, and so I wanted it out of my house as quickly as possible!
The boys had a terrific time bowling! Some were there for their first time. Others bowled like a pro. It was heartening to see all the boys act with good sportsmanship. They made a good team.

Christopher had a great 12th birthday. It made me want to take my kids bowling again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment