Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Piano Lessons!

I'm so excited! My kids are beginning Piano Lessons with Roselle Mattern; a neighbor and experienced piano teacher!

I've already seen a huge change in my kids motivation to practice and interest in learning new things.

I'm very happy with her teaching style, and I am hopeful my kids will progress according to their abilities.

Most of all, I'm pleased to be able to provide for them a good mentor outside our family circle. I hope it is the first of many positive and life changing relationships!

It is also helping me decide to practice piano more. I am currently in love with Jon Schmidt's music. It is very challenging to play, but so rewarding that I'm driven to try to get it right over and over again.

Christopher is having a terrific time this year at public school band and choir. He is enjoying it so much. I love seeing him practice clarinet. He has this awesome computer program called "Smart Music" to help him practice. It is so motivating...it's like an interactive computer game to him. When he's done practicing, he likes to play Harry Potter and other Movie theme music (like Star Wars) and try to play along on his clarinet. He knows that it's years above his current level and ability, but he is being inspired to try new and challenging things. It's so fun to see him try! He'll get there eventually!

I love good music!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! So glad to hear that you have found a great teacher and mentor for your kids. Playing the piano is such a fun skill to have.

    ReplyDelete