Saturday, January 10, 2009

Einstein's first NEW YEARS PARTY

Einstein has never stayed up till midnight before. He has never rung in the new year. So he was SO SO SO excited when we told him that 10 years old was old enough to stay up and celebrate with Mom and Dad! I half expected him to fall asleep on the couch, but he surprised me by being chipper the whole time.
Einstein piles all the party hats on his head, ready to stay up late and party!

Except this time, he got to stay up with just Mom since Dad had to work. We would call Dad right before midnight so we could be together in spirit!

The other kids were very disappointed and jealous, but I assured them that their time would come! This didn't make them feel much better, and Louisa stayed up till 11 p.m. reading books in her bed with a flashlight.

To make it up to the little ones, we did most of the celebrating with them with lots of games and treats. Then, at 9 p.m. we watched the ball drop on the internet and opened traditional party crackers. We also saved some for midnight as well.
All those party hats came out of the crackers.

Einstein thought it was pretty cool to stay up and watch movies and play games. While Einstein watched ROBOTS, I played on my blog, and then we watched the ball drop and opened our party crackers while on the phone with Daddy at work.

It was a very quiet NEW YEARS, but I'm happy about that. We have future years ahead with 5 teenagers in the house and loud parties...I am in no rush to get there!


Einstein gets ready to open his party cracker at the stroke of midnight.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! We haven't stayed up until midnight for New Year's in at least five years. How fun for Einstein.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, definitely a big kid thing. Good for him! (btw, I get a little confused when you switch back and forth between pseudonyms and real names!)

    Your kids are adorable. I see a real mix of the two of you in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the name mix up! Keeping them straight is way harder than I expected. It's not the first time...nor the last it will happen, I'm sure! LOL!

    ReplyDelete