So I had to go to the dentist this week. Three more fillings. At least this time I wasn't as scared. Knowing that they were regular cavities instead of possible root canals helped.
I got four shots of novacaine all on the left side of my mouth. I was numb from my eyebrow down to my chin! Even my ear was numb!
Last week after my one big cavity was filled, I tried to eat when my mouth was numb and as a result my jaw was sore for days. So this time, I got smart and ate right BEFORE I went in.
I am so grateful that I did since it took FIVE WHOLE HOURS for all the numbness to wear off.
That night at dinner when I could finally chew, I realized my teeth didn't fit together right. I couldn't chew without pain because where two of the fillings were, my teeth were banging together.
Very discouraged, I had to make another trip to the dentist the next morning. The dentist drilled and polished down the two offending cavity fillings, and so far so good. (except for a sensitivity to both hot and cold, but they say that is normal-bleh!)
I hope that it is a very very very long time before I have to go and sit back in the dentist chair!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment